Dr. Chelsea Buckley (far left) and team collecting goods for those
affected by the 2019 flooding in Nebraska. (Fremont, NE)
PHOTO CREDIT: Chelsea Buckley, DVM, MPH, CPH,Frontline Supervisor
Harrisonburg, VA Circuit 8008,Office of Field Operations,Food Safety and Inspection Service, USDA
- Have access to our listserv and Linked In group and where job postings and discussion occur.
- Receive our newsletter, the AAFSPHV Quarterly which contains association news and a compendium of abstracts relating to veterinary public health and food safety.
- 10 hours of free online RACE approved CE offered through our partnership with ACVPM and NAFV
- 2 scholarship programs for which our student members are eligible:
- For student members: up to $500 for expenses to attend the annual AVMA convention
- Lafontaine Memorial scholarship to provide tuition support to students and veterinarians pursuing a graduate degree in public health or food safety
- We offer a complimentary 1st year membership to new DVMs and new ACVPM diplomates
- Opportunity to join our speaker‘s bureau to present at our ACVPM Partners webinars, AVMA and USAHA Food Safety Symposia and to One Health/Public Health student groups
- Representation: Our organization has a designated seat on the AVMA House of Delegates, Food Safety Advisory and Legislative Advisory committees and the Committee on Antimicrobials. As a member you may apply for these positions or for officer, board or committee positions within the organization.